At Severn Gorge Countryside Trust we are closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation. We are constantly reviewing all our planned activities and taking sensible steps to protect the health and safety of staff, volunteers and members of the public
During this difficult time, we know how important it is to get outdoors for fresh air, exercise and to immerse yourself in nature. However, you should stay as close to home as possible; only visiting green spaces you can walk to from your home.
Government guidelines have been shared that provide some useful points on how to safely access your local green spaces.
· Stay local and use open spaces near to your home – do not travel unnecessarily
· Only venture outside on your own or with members of your household
· Keep two metres apart from anyone outside of your household
· Do not hold gatherings of more than two in parks or other public spaces – this will be enforced by the police
· If you have a garden, use this for exercise and fresh air
· Take hygiene precautions whilst outdoors and wash your hands when you return to your home.
In light of the current situation we have made the following decisions:
· All public events are postponed to limit social contact
· The Outdoor Learning Programme Workshops and Walks are cancelled until further notice
· Our community room meeting facilities will be closed. No bookings will be taken until further notice
· Our Volunteer programme is cancelled until further notice and we will not be recruiting new volunteers.
Our staff are primarily working from home and this will be the normal working practice until the current emergency passes. This may mean that our response to things might be slower than usual, please bear with us and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. Site visits are being undertaken for health and safety purposes
Although we will be doing our best to respond to communications by post, the best way to contact us during this time is via email. Please use the following email address if you need to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to work hard throughout this crisis to ensure that we continue to promote, protect and conserve the living landscape of the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site for the benefit of people and wildlife.
Thank you for your support and please take care.